Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Steak Shack Attack!


We spent last weekend in Fairmont with Eric's parents to celebrate his birthday with them. On Saturday night they took us to a steakhouse they had been telling about for a while. I was excited to finally get to see what all the hype was about. Apparently, the the Bergen Steakhouse in Bergen, a.k.a. Middle of Nowhere is pretty small so there's usually a rush of people when they open at 5 pm for risk of having to wait for a table in your car (although there is a take out beer window, so it's not like you're sitting in your car dying of thirst- you're drinking your beer!) We arrived on the steak shack scene at 4:30 and it was a SHACK!!! I was thinking to myself, 'what in the world were we thinking getting here a HALF HOUR before they even open' and also 'thank goodness I just got a tetanus booster.' So anyway not more than a couple of minutes pass and there are 4 cars in the parking lot. Then 5. And 6. Pretty soon there's a mad dash to the door to 'line up' and we're #1!!! I was so proud of us! By the time the door opened 20 minutes later there were about 25 people lined up and 18 cars in the parking lot. With this kind of following I was excited to get in and have my steak! You can see from the picture the kind of upscale establishment the Bergen Steakhouse is. I will say the inside was much nicer then you would expect- you have to be "in the know" to know to stop. So anyway we had a great dinner, I have to say it was one of the best fillet Mignon I've had. So moral of the story is, if the place looks like a dump, it probably is, but it just might be a diamond in the rough like Bergen Steakhouse- don't judge a steak shack by it's rotting roof and pealing paint!

No comments: